Welcome to FibroIreland
FibroIreland has been created for people affected by fibromyalgia. It provides general information to help you understand how fibromyalgia affects you and what you can do to manage it. It also tells you where to find further information. For information on support groups please go to the support page or click here.
We aim to :
• Listen with empathy to your experience of FM
• Make FM better understood
• Provide up-to-date information on FM
• Support those caring for people with FM
Student Support Group in Trinity College Dublin
A support group for students will be starting in Trinity College Dublin in the new year. If you or someone you know is interested please contact email@example.com. Students from other universities are welcome to join as well.
CPI FREE courses - An Introduction to
CPI are holding a number of FREE nationwide courses called An Introduction to Self-Management Techniques around the country.
Introduction to SMT – what to expect
The day is designed to give you an easy to understand overview to key themes in Self-Management of chronic pain. We then show some tools and techniques to help attendees implement some self-management strategies.
• Understanding Chronic Pain & how it differs from other pain
• Understanding the role of Healthcare Professionals
• Understanding all available options - – Medicines/Medical Devices/CBT/TM etc.
• Pacing skills
• Practical relaxation
• Review of Self-Management Strategies
Self -Management Strategies
1. Pace Activities
2. Consume Wisely
3. Use Medication Appropriately
5. Ease Tensions
6. Improve Sleep
7. Use Distraction
8. Think Constructively
10. Improve Mood
11. Use Good Ergonomics
12. Manage Relationships
List of meeting locations here
Fibroireland is a web portal for the dissemination of information on fibromyalgia and related ailments. Anything appearing on the website should not be considered an endorsement or recommendation unless specifically so stated. Fibroireland is not an association or company.