Welcome to FibroIreland
FibroIreland has been created for people affected by fibromyalgia. It provides general information to help you understand how fibromyalgia affects you and what you can do to manage it. It also tells you where to find further information. For information on support groups please go to the support page or click here.
We aim to :
• Listen with empathy to your experience of FM
• Make FM better understood
• Provide up-to-date information on FM
• Support those caring for people with FM
Please make a special donation today to support those affected by FM
Tweet Chat on #irishmed Wed 27th April @ 10pm
Get your hashtag on for Wed 27th April at #irishmed
Topic: Fibromyalgia, ME and other invisible illnesses
Time: 10PM /5pm ET.
This is your chance as a patient to engage with Health Care Professionals and let them know what you need from your Health Care Providers. Hosted by @drlfarrell and co-hosted by @rachelmlynch
T1 – Diagnosis can be a lengthy process. How can this be improved?
T2 – What medications are used & how effective are they?
T3 – What other treatment options are available to patients?
T4 – How can stigma of invisible condition be reduced?
T5 – Mitochondria or hypochondria? How much is all in the head?
CT = Closing Thoughts = people give their final opinion on the subject
Thurs May 12th Trinity College Support Group
Venue: Jonathan Swift Theatre, Arts Block, Trinity College
Time: 6pm - 8.30pm
Date: Thursday May12th
Topic: Managing work and college when you have a chronic long term conditions.
Irish ME/CFS Association May Awareness
The moving and informative US ME/CFS documentary, "Forgotten Plague", was recently released. We purchased public performance rights to show free screenings in Ireland.
One can watch a two-minute trailer here:
Here are the details. You don't need to book in advance.
- Limerick: Thursday, May 5. 11:30 AM. South Court Hotel, near Limerick city All are welcome. The hotel has 450 free car parking spaces. The meeting will be hosted by Sarah, the coordinator of the Limerick ME Self-help Group
- Dublin 1: Thursday, May 12 (International ME/CFS Day).
6:30 PM. Get confirmation of booking from Joan Byrne before attending. Joan Byrne has booked a room in Amiens Street, Dublin 1 for 6:30 PM on Thursday, May 12 for a screening of Forgotten Plague. The room only has limited space (30 spaces) so only those who have confirmation that they have a space can attend. If you are interested in attending, email Joan at: firstname.lastname@example.org or text 086-8266410 and if she has a place, she will get back to you with confirmation. Note that the room is on the 1st floor so there is no wheelchair access. We are not going to give the exact venue so people don't turn up without an invitation. Joan is inviting some health professionals so it is important that there is room for them.
- Galway city: Thursday, May 12 (International ME/CFS Day) Time: 7.30pm Venue: Maldron Hotel (formerly Pillo Hotel), Sandy Road (off the Kirwan Roundabout, Headford Road.). Free parking (mostly underground but there are some spaces overground).
The meeting will be hosted by Orla Ní Chomhraí. Note: There is another Maldron hotel next to Oranmore. Don't go there.
- Dundalk, Co Louth: Tuesday, May 17. 2 PM. An Tain Arts Centre. This meeting will be hosted by Carol Cahalane and Rosemary O'Sullivan. Carol says there is on street parking next to St Patrick's Cathedral which it is close to. The nearest designated car park is in the Ramparts which is around 5 minutes' walk away (it has all day car parking for €2?). The venue is wheelchair accessible. Carol has very kindly offered to cover all the fees. She hopes to offer tea/coffee afterwards in the venue.
- Blanchardstown, Dublin 15: Sunday, May 29. 3 PM. Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, The Blanchardstown Centre. This meeting will be hosted by Vera Kindlon. There are 18 complimentary car parking spaces: they expect that many will be available. There is also additional free parking next to it connected with the Blanchardstown centre.
Dublin ME Self-Help Group
Venue: Davenport Hotel, beside Merrion Square, Dublin 2.
Date: May 14th, May 28th
The Dublin ME Self-Help Group will meet fortnightly in the Davenport Hotel, beside Merrion Square, Dublin 2. It is intended that the format of the meetings will be guided by those in attendance.
The meetings will be scheduled for the 2nd & 4th Saturdays of each month.
All are welcome to attend on a regular basis or if you happen to be in town for the day.
Please note that the focus of this group is ME but people with Fibro can attend.
Further information from Irish ME Trust at 1890-200-912
Fibroireland is an Unincorporated Association. Anything appearing on the website should not be considered an endorsement or recommendation unless specifically so stated. While FibroIreland takes every care to ensure that the content of this site is accurate, we cannot be responsible for any inaccurate or misleading information provided in articles or other items created by third parties.articles or other items created by third parties. Please note that all data on this website is for information purposes only.
The information provided on this website does not seek to replace the advice of trained medical practitioners and therefore is not intended to be a substitute for professional doctor/patient face to face diagnosis or medical advice. In no way are any of the suggestions presented within this site meant to be a substitute for professional care or attention by a qualified medical practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. You should not disregard your own professional medical adviser's opinion, or delay in seeking such an opinion, because of something you read or anticipate reading in this website. FibroIreland is not responsible for any injury, loss, damage or expense incurred by any individual as a result either directly or indirectly of any information published on this website.